Wynnton UMC is currently looking for a part-time Director of Youth Ministries.
Description: This is a part-time, 30 hours average work week position with, the responsibility, in consultation with respective leaders, for the total oversight of all youth 6th grade to 12th grade students. The Youth Ministries Director works closely with the Children’s Ministry Director in transitioning 5th graders to the youth ministry and to help the Children’s director in the Confirmation process when needed. Ensure that the Child Protection Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings.
Reports to: The Family Ministry Pastor for oversight and the Staff Parish Relations Committee for human resources issues. The Family Ministries Pastor, in conjunction with Senior Pastor and SPRC provides an annual evaluation of the Youth Ministries Director’s performance.
Qualifications Required: Must be present Sunday mornings to support volunteers and to facilitate Sunday school, to worship with students in various services, and to develop relationships with students who may not be involved in Sunday night services.
• Disciple youth into a personal relationship with Christ in both large group and small group environments while supporting and assisting parents in the process of discipling their youth.
• One-year experience leading middle or high school students as a volunteer, paid staff, or intern in a church or secular setting such as a public or private school.
• Adhere to United Methodist theology and polity.
• Three years’ experience working with middle or high school students on the staff of a church, a volunteer, or intern in a church and/or secondary school setting.
• Some experience preaching in a contemporary setting. Preferred: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (or working towards).
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Develop the Christian faith in Wynnton United Methodist Church (WUMC) youth.
a. Help WUMC youth inspire a passion for following Christ and equip them for growth and the next stage of their faith.
b. Foster youth involvement in the total ministry of the WUMC including the Church Council and support other ministries and worship services of Wynnton UMC.
c. Integrate student opportunities for community outreach and missionary programs both local and beyond.
2. Communicate and Coordinate youth ministry vision, achievements, and needs to the Charge Conference and members.
a. Create a discipleship vision for the youth program in coordination with the Church and Family Council.
b. Understand and integrate music and worship into the youth meetings, working with what is important, and relevant to the students.
c. Provide leadership for youth, volunteers, mentors, and parents beyond the classroom.
d. Communicate with the youth, parents, and church in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources such as emails, website, newsletter, texting, etc.
3. Facilities and Budget
a. Supervise the use of facilities and equipment for youth ministries. Create ideas and theme of Youth Facilities, in connection with the youth to inspire and engage them. Maintain a clean youth area weekly.
b. Report budgetary needs and desires of the youth ministry program to the Family Ministry Pastor. Manage budget on an ongoing basis.
1. Work cooperatively and in conjunction with the entire staff to ensure all deadlines, processes and requirements are met.
2. Attend regular staff meetings, Church council meetings and family ministry meetings unless excused by Family Ministry or Senior Pastor.
Contact: Eligible candidates should submit resumes to Rev. Kimberly Evans, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Rev. Kimberly Evans
Address: 2412 Wynnton Rd Columbus 31906